Sunday, August 5, 2012

Best of the Best





I am sitting here today...watching the Olympics, which i am glued to every 2 years whether it be summer or winter.  I love the friendly competition,  I love the fact that polictics and war among the countries are not seen.  These athletes are here to show the world their craft among their fellow brothers/sisters.  We are seeing the BEST OF THE BEST.  After each match they congratulate each other.  Those who may not win do not dispay anger or resentment for the winners.  Their is true sportsmanship at these games.


The Olympians truly care about the other players.  There is no backstabbing or name calling going on.  This is a community that sticks together.  Do they all agree on EVERYTHING?  NO...frankly if everyone agreed on everything in this world it would be a VERY boring place.  


The are making new friend and that opens them to making life changing connections. 

We at SecureACure4MS have been truly blessed this past year by the friends we have made.  People like you are approaching us with knowledge and expertise in an area and you want to Share it with the rest of our community.  YOU care.  Sharon and I are soo happy that we can be the platform to let your voice be heard.


 SecureACure4MS was given that platform by many of you so that we could be hearde.  Those of you that have opened your doors to us, we are truly greatful.


So as I watch the Olympics and see this "community" of Olympians coming together, I cant help but be overjoyed, knowing that we have created our own Olympian community.  YOU are the BEST OF THE BEST to us. You are Olympians.  We are not working towards Bronze, Silver and Gold in swimming or volleyball... we are working together on making MS a thing of the past. 



So on behalf of Sharon and I- we say thank you


visit us at www.secureacure4ms.org

2 comments:

  1. Multiple Sclerosis has been in my life since I was a child. When my aunt suffered through a period of relapse after giving birth to my cousin, I witnessed the devastating effects the disease had. I knew what it could do, but until the last few years I never really understood what it was. And I still don’t know what to believe.
    My mother has spent 8 years trying to shelter her children from the harsh realities of her disease, but about a year and a half ago I started following MS blogs. I started reading the stories of other MS patients, and through their words I painted a picture of what my mom has been going through.
    When I first started asking questions, commenting, and sharing my own stories I was expecting to be shunned. I felt like I had no right to encroach on their thoughts because I don’t share their struggles. As the caregiver of a person with MS, I live in my own personal hell, but I don’t suffer from the disease.
    Of course, this was never the case.
    I have met some pretty wonderful people from all corners of the word who have helped me through this journey. They didn’t just share their symptoms with me. They told me how their symptoms made them feel. I have learnt things that hurt my heart so much, but that give me the tools I need to help my mother.
    I will be forever in the debt of the MS Olympians that I have met through Social Media.
    From the very bottom of my heart, Thank you!!

    @PenniesforPenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Penny for being such a wonderful caregiver and for truly taking the time to understand. There are some great groups out there for Caregiving you may want to check out as well... www.caregivingcafe.com and www.treatmentdiaries.com


      i too and honored and proud of all of the Olympians out there. Many who have guided me thtough this journey of acceptance and now advocacy and support.

      Delete